Dale Buhanan
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,627Gear list
Like?
Re: Why I want a G1X, and hesitate
In reply to papillon_65, 6 months ago

papillon_65 wrote:

rkhndjr wrote:

rkhndjr wrote:

I hit the wrong key, or button. As I was going to say, a lot is written on the forums about cameras and lenses but rarely does anyone talk of their inability to buy new cameras and lenses due to cost. I realize that most here are younger and working, or older and have a good pension and buying on a whim is nothing to them. Some, like me, are old and money is scarce when you have to consider possible expenses later in your life. So, to get to the point, I am in the house daily at this time and by myself. My children help me with nutrition and shopping of course. Time is what I have to consider when it comes to using it in a manner indoors that will keep me sane. I use this PC, a Kindle and watch a little TV and do some domestic chores. But I need a way to keep my mind stimulated and the G1X would be a nice learning tool indoors as well as a short time in the yard. Mainly I wish to learn it and get it set up first then practice indoors a while. By now you are tired of reading so I will ask any thoughts on a matter such as this one. Does it all boil down to " make your own decisions" type of thing? But I am serious and this is one way to spend time for me. Any decent comments are welcome. I am aware of the G1x and all its faults, or the couple I read about. My LX3 will take care of macros for me and a slow AF is no problem. Landscapes are a favorite, along with people on street.

Thanks so much for reading this.

-- hide signature --

Russell Smith
Eternity was in that moment.

-- hide signature --

Russell Smith
Eternity was in that moment.

Russell, if it's within your budget and it will give you something to pass the time that you will enjoy where's the dilemma? Life's too short for indecision, seize the day and enjoy it

Hi Russ,

I understand your situation and feel great empathy for you.  But I have to agree with the above poster.   Your remaining days and years are ticking away rapidly, and you are losing the few precious moments that you have left to learn and enjoy the camera and live.  Sacrifice some and do it as quickly as possible and "seize the day".  There are not a lot of them left.

The cost of the camera has pretty much bottomed out and after the new one becomes available, the prices will often rise again as supplies become less, and it becomes more scarce.  I have seen this happen with almost every G camera.  This will be a classic and a collectors item.  If you want it you should get it now and start learning and using it.

Best to you!

-- hide signature --

kind regards
Dale

Dale Buhanan's gear list:Dale Buhanan's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD500 Canon PowerShot G5 Canon PowerShot G6 Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot Pro1 +34 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow