Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
azguy
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,160
Like?
Now upgrading lenses/equipment
9 months ago

Now that I have a D7100, I am upgrading some of my equipment to take advantage of the image quality that it produces.

Sold: 18-200mm (consumer level lens), 80-200 2.8 (good but upgrading), Tokina 12-24mm (also good, but want newer version).

Also sold: D200 body. Goodby old friend.

Buying: Tokina 11-16mm 2.8, Nikon 70-200mm 2.8, along with a second D7100 and now my D300 will be backup.

Keeping: 17-55mm 2.8 (does an adequate job, useful range), 35mm 1.8, 85mm 1.8, Tamron 70-300mm (does a surprisingly good job on the D7100).

I do a fair amount of commercial work for my clients (I am a marketing consultant), some weddings, architectural work, family shoots, and quite a few volunteer community events. (Just finished a large mayors' breakfast event, in a dark room, using the D7100 at ISO 3200, which turned out acceptable!) The above equipment works well for me.

Note:  Put ISO3200 together WITH a VR lens and that is s real winner for low light work!

Anyway, for general information. Some of you may be going through the same thing.

Regards!

Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow