Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
toomanycanons
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,735
Like?
Sharpest 24mm prime to go on a D610
9 months ago

First off, let me say I never shoot primes.  Sorry, I'm a short zoom kind of guy.  But I do shoot wide mostly.  Also I shoot with a D5200 at the moment but am getting a D610 in the near future.

I would love to read that the 24-85 VR lens that comes bundled with the D610 is a great sharp lens corner to corner/edge to edge but I've not read that.  Center sharp, yeah.

So my question is:  of all the autofocus lenses out there (vintage or not, Nikon or not) which is the sharpest AFFORDABLE 24mm prime I can get.  I'm not asking for the best of the best at any price, just something I can mount that will be better than the 24-85 VR I mentioned.

It also doesn't have to be real fast.  I'm not going for DOF.  f/2.8 is plenty fast, it could even be slower than that.  If the consensus was a $50 lens I could get used off of ebay that would be just grand!  Thanks.

Nikon D5200 Nikon D610
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow