Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zenpmd
Contributing MemberPosts: 862Gear list
Like?
Thinking of leaving Fuji
7 months ago

I really want to love them, and in some ways I do, but I remain frustrated. I have owned and sold the xe1, x pro 1, x100s and I am about to return the Xt1.

The xe Fuji cameras are the best I think. They are without the ergonomic quirks of the x pro 1 (no diopter, annoying placement of ae lock), smaller and in the case of the xe2 half decent AF. The x100s is still too slow, a bit buggy, especially with the viewfinder eye sensor and battery life/warnings are infuriating for a camera of that cost. The xt1 is really wonderful, feels great in the hand, light, but its expensive for an AF system which, while better, you simply cannot trust 100 percent.

But the real killer for me is how cheap and how good Nikon slrs are now. The d7100 can be had cheap, its bombproof, massive battery life, superb AF, but most importantly of all, if you are a prime shooter, which I largely am, I am get the 35mm, 50mm and 85mm for next to nothing, all of which are super sharp. What I am currently looking into is what to do for primes in the 28-35 range, but I may just have to accept they dont exist and buy the fuji x100s sucessor which I hope will iron out the problems.

Nikon and canon primes are small and cheap...simply put!

zenpmd's gear list:zenpmd's gear list
Sony Alpha 7S Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
DUHNew
ByeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow