Flat view
Ohm
Ohm
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
a99+24-70 or a7+28-70+55
9 months ago

Hello dear Sony peoples,

I recently felt the urge of selling my brilliant nikon D300s and some lenses to go the sony road.

My idea: a7 with 28-70 kit (not excellent but decent) then adding the 55mm (seemingly stellar).

As, the last 2 years I used to take 90% of photographs with my 50mm 1.4 (on APS-C crop format) and the 10% remaining with a 16-85mm, I was thinking, this a7+kit+55 solution would be good (kit to save the landscape shot during holidays but not expecting much of it and the prime for speedy kid shot).

But yesterday I saw a second hand a99 with 24-70 2.8 in correct price range (i.e. starting to interfere with "new a7+kit+55" price range).

And since then, I'm balancing things:

a7 pros are lighter weight (but I used to shoot with a quite heavy one before), some FE lenses really top notch (what's to come next?), size may lead to have it with me more often (some people experiencing it ?).

Cons, not sure if I'll be at ease with build feeling (coming from a full magnesium, etc..), not sure the AF will help for running kid tracking.x

and except Mp count, in almost every aspects, the a99 seems the complete opposite..

Any thoughts ? people with both? Some return of experience to add to one side or other of the scale?

Thanking in advance

Sony Alpha 7 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow