Flat view
GeorgianBay1939
Senior MemberPosts: 2,274Gear list
Like?
Snowflurries after overnight snowfall
6 months ago

Conventional studies using the 14-140 mm, during a very variable day:

Samples:

This Staghorn Sumac didn't produce fruit but serves as a good hairy surface for snow to cling to.

Wiki: Staghorn Sumac is dioecious.

There is a (false) rumour going around that those inuksuik are placed by local aboriginals to reclaim their lands.

Inuksuik: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inuksuk

Common roadside scene with elegant changes in texture.

Obligatory image of snowfall for B Tullis.

Sun came out again to illuminate this  lil White Pine

During the day I also used the 100-300, sometimes with tubes, to get up close and personal. The melting/sublimation of the snowflakes depended on sunlight, temperature, wind, time of day so there was lots of variation.

Samples:

Extension tube. Cropped.  Alternating flurries and sunshine led to this little icicle with attached snowflake

Jackpine cone in shade, with no melting.  Snow was a few hours old.

Meltwater forming the start of icicles.

Some crystals were very sturdy.

All of the above were shot from the comfort of the cab of my truck.  Off-road snow is too deep to walk through.

C & C  solicited and welcome.

Thanks,

Tom

PS

Yesterday, the day following the above, I used a 6 point star filter on the 14-140 to get some edge diffraction from the resulting ice formations.   I'll post a few shortly.

t

GeorgianBay1939's gear list:GeorgianBay1939's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +7 more
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow