ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RobTrueNorth
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Olympus 50-200 or Sigma 70-200 for hockey
6 months ago

Hi - first post here

I am more of a video guy but I am considering buying into the GH4....which I know isn't Olympus but I will get around to that in a second

My main reason for considering the GH4 is that I also really like the idea of having a hybrid camera that can shoot excellent stills and pro video. I am heading to Italy in May for a hockey tournament that my son is playing in and I wanted to shoot some stills while there with my GH4 (when I get it). The challenge has been finding a suitable lens as there are not a lot of ideal options.

There is literally nothing within the entire micro four-thirds range with the speed, focal length and auto focus necessary to properly shoot indoor hockey. After some research I came across two lenses for consideration

Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8

Olympus 50-200mm f/2.8-3.5

I plan on using either the Panny or Olympus adapter to attach either lens to my GH4

Anyone here have any experience shooting on either or both lenses ?

Any other suggestions?

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow