This is called Priory Park (SX50HS)

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
filibuster
Senior MemberPosts: 2,707
Like?
Re: This is called Priory Park (SX50HS)
In reply to enemjii, 4 months ago

enemjii wrote:

Awesome compositions, and beautiful landscape to boot.

However, way back in 2003 when I was looking for a camera I wanted to buy a Canon Powershot but could not get over the purple fringing it produced. Looks like that issue is still there after 11 years.

Hi enemjii and many thanks for your input. When I first started with digital, I was experiencing very much the same issues with Fuji cameras. Were going back to about 2001 and subsequent years where I traded through any number of models including 6800, 6900, 602 7000, (the list goes on!) And although there was something special about Fuji colours, the aberration near the frame edges and corners was depressing.

With a foray into different models and manufacturers from time to time, looking into my history it would seem that I have been getting the greatest satisfaction from Canon cameras and tinkering with shall we say, 'interesting software'! And here is the cruncher, because if you view the originalof the crop you have posted, you would think that PF was scarcely an issue. It’s like I have inadvertently exacerbated the fringing with my over-zealous manipulation of the image. Serves me right!

The original file before processing

And a hearty thanks to all that have posted a comment.  Much appreciated.

Keith

-- hide signature --

Quote hhgttg: Life is wasted on the living.
filibuster (Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, UK)
http://picasaweb.google.com/scenic.filibuster

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow