K-3 + Sigma 500/4.5 + Pentax HD 1.4X AW (3 imgs)

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brandrx
Forum ProPosts: 25,988
Like?
K-3 + Sigma 500/4.5 + Pentax HD 1.4X AW (3 imgs)
9 months ago

Hi folks,

We went to a small desert pond to try our luck against some flying ducks. I was trying to shoot the Pentax K-3 + Sigma 500/4.5 + Pentax HD 1.4X AW handheld. Those danged ducks were so small and so fast that I was not able to even focus on them. I finally gave up and put the rig on my tripod with gimbal to try to capture a sitting duck. The danged ducks had all flown away so I was just waiting and waiting. I wondered where my friend had gone. I looked around and saw him lining up for a shot of a train that was coming towards him. So, naturally I tested my rig on him (Image #1). About three minutes later that big old train passed by him and I took a shot as it was going away from me (Image #2). I always thought it pretty funny to see engines on both the front and back of these coal hauling trains. About fifteen minutes later another train came by and I took a far off shot of it as it was going away from me around a bend in the tracks (Image #3). I cropped the right side of image #1 and right, left, and bottom of Image #3. There seemed to be a lot of haze in the air so IMO these images didn't turn out as well as I had expected. Note: I think I've just about given up trying to shoot BIFs while handholding this Sigma 500/4.5 + 1.4X. It is just not my cup of tea.

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Pentax K-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow