Sony A6000 already outdated by Nikon v3...........

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
captura
Forum ProPosts: 15,562Gear list
Like?
Re: Neither has the Nikon 1 series
In reply to nzmacro, 9 months ago

nzmacro wrote:

captura wrote:

nzmacro wrote:

yomasa wrote:

Sony has no lens that will give me 850mm without adding adapters and big ass lenses

-- hide signature --

Jorge Blanco

I don't get it. Nikon has an 800 F/5.6, so does Canon, but you need an adaptor for the Nikon 1 series.

Or are you talking about the crop factor of the sensor, because that actually has nothing to do with focal length. A 300mm is a 300mm, unless you add a touch of magic to it somehow and it grows. Sensor crop factor can't physically grow a lens in focal length.

I always refer to my lenses for what they are even on APS-C, a 300 is a 300, the 500 is a 500 and the 800 is an 800. I can't change that no matter what sensor is stuck behind it. Its even written on the lens !!

All the best.

Danny.

Hi Danny,

The longest N1 lens is the 30-110, which is equivalent to the 55-210 in NEX terms. You would need that expensive FT-1 adapter to do more.

Steve

Yeah and they do have a nice long zoom focal range coming in a 300mm on the longest end. Note I said 300mm What the sensor does with it is up to the sensor

Still a nice small system with a great crop factor as you know Steve. That image the guy sent me in RAW is just amazing in the details department. I can see why nature lovers like that system a lot, the small sensor crop factor is remarkable while still being sharp for a 1" sensor. It does make sense in a way. I can get close to the details in that image he sent me of a Kingfisher, but man I have to work for it. Not many can get as close to a Kingfisher as I can. He nailed it !!

All the best SteveO and it is a good system with limits like every system. See ya.

Danny.

Thanks, Danny. Yeah that 1" sensor was pretty good notwithstanding it was only 12 then 14 mp. Made by Aptina, in some respects may be better than the Sony 1" sensor in the RX100? Now it's 18 mp in the V3. But a lot of the credit for the good performance and particularly the very intelligent decision-making in the camera is the dual-core processor which they use, apparently.

Cheers,

Steve

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow