Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DigitalIIIc
Regular MemberPosts: 116Gear list
Like?
Snowboarding with the V1 - a short review
6 months ago

I took the V1+10 mm with me on the ski-slopes during a recent snowboard trip in the alps (Switzerland). Because of the smaller size I could keep the V1 around my neck while snowboarding and had a second lens (18,5 mm) in one of my pockets. Try that with a SLR !

The back LCD diplay was completely useless in these bright light condition, the EVF saved the day ! No big deal for me because I always use the EVF but my wife had to adjust and "discovered" the EVF (she never used it before).

The design of the back dial almost drives me crazy ! It turns by its own and seams to choose a mode that I don't need or when I want to take stills it has moved to video and vice versa. Not good Nikon !

The V1 was out in the cold elements all day but performed flawless. Battery life is very good. We took a lot of pictures of our kids skiing and the strongest point of the V1 is without doubt it's speed, focus was very fast and accurate.

Metering was not easy in these bright white condition but overall I'm happy with the results. The pictures were converted from raw to jpeg in Lightroom.

We took most of the shots while on the snowboard or on the skilift, except for the 50 mm pictures, these were taken on steady ground. Enjoy !

18,5 mm

10 mm

18,5 mm

AF-S 50mm 1,4 G - Aletsch glacier

AF-S 50mm 1,4 G

50mm 1,4 G

10 mm

18,5 mm

The last picture was taken by my wife when we passed her on the slopes, our son is following us on ski's

Thanks for looking !

Eric

Nikon 1 V1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow