ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
m.holmes
Regular MemberPosts: 247
Like?
Sony Batteries
4 months ago

Hi all,

I noticed something interesting which I'd like to share. I have owned different Sony cameras and I always use original Sony batteries (FM500). Having more than one body, some cameras stay in their bag for a long time, but I like to have them ready, so I occasionally check the battery level and take a test picture (without flash).

Here's what I observed (the test is un-scientific):

1) the A100 with its original old battery (FM55, I think) has the record of stamina, about 1 year (more explicitly: after about 1 year of inactivity, the battery was still 75% charged)

2) the worst camera is the A580 with the grip: TWO fully charged batteries only last a few weeks. However this result might not be totally fair, as I often use this camera with wi-fi SD cards, and I might have forgotten one of these inside (but this should not affect battery life too much, as I configure the cards to turn off after some minutes of wi-fi inactivity).

3) the second worst is probably the A77

It would be interesting to compare data: has anyone similar records?

MH

Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow