Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
drakester
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Just bought the Nikon P600!
9 months ago

I just bought the Nikon P600 yesterday. I'm anxious to try it out this week! It is a replacement for my Panasonic FZ-100.

There were 3 things that made me a bit nervous about this purchase, but obviously I didn't think that any of them were show-stoppers. I'd be interested in other opinions on these!

1. There is no apparent way to add any kind of UV lens filter to this camera. I read up on this and it apparently is not really required for a digital camera, although everyone I know seems to use one.

2. There is no RAW format. I do NOT understand this. Even the clerk at the camera store couldn't believe this. I plan to take a lot of photos the next couple weeks and see if I feel the lack of RAW format is going to be an issue for me. I have been shooting RAW for a long time now and may miss it. If there is any cause to return this camera, this might be it.

3. There is no way to add a lens hood to this camera. The jury appears to be out on whether or not a lens hood is a necessary accessory. I have used one for a long time now with my Panasonic, so it will be weird not having one.

This is my first Nikon and it sure is a beautiful camera to look at (mine is red). I just hope it delivers some good photos. I have a vacation to Turkey in a month.

Nikon Coolpix P600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow