Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Roxy1945
Senior MemberPosts: 1,136
Like?
New FZ200 and vacation to Costa Rica
7 months ago

Took my new FZ200 on a 10-day vacation to Costa Rica, five of which I was sick but was lucky to gets shots right from my balcony.

Couldn't believe the amount of wildlife in that small area and was lucky enough to photograph some of it.

For the most part I was happy with the camera. I also took along the Nikon TC E17ED teleconverter which I stopped using because walking and hiking around with the extra weight was uncomfortable and I missed more shots with it than without because at f2.8 its not very stabilized and too many missed and blurred images. I don't use a tripod.

I liked the viewfinder the most with the camera. The best I've ever had on a Bridge camera. So good viewing the images through that when downloaded onto the computer I was a little disappointed sometimes.

Focusing can be difficult in that jungle environment. I couldn't get focus sometimes and had to switch to macro focus many times which did focus well but hunted back and forth too much that some of my subjects had moved on before it actually focused.

I used mostly the 5 megapixel EZ zoom to get closer which is what I always used with my Sony with good results and likewise with this camera.

About 80 per cent of these photos I took were from around my hotel and the rest were in the National Park which I found a bit disappointing with way too many people.

Here's a sample of some of my images the exifs and rest are in my flickr gallery below the pics.

-- hide signature --
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow