ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SpyderDoom
Forum MemberPosts: 80
Like?
What second lens?
6 months ago

Hello again!

Ideally, I would like to start my DSLR journey with the body+kit, a normal prime, a portrait prime, a telephoto zoom (up to 300mm), a TTL flash, a remote control, a CPL filter, a variable ND filter and a waterproof bag. I already own the tripod and software
But it's just not possible. Even choosing the cheapest components available, the total price is too high. I feel so overwhelmed and sometimes I'm having second thoughts about the whole project.

I have to start somewhere and take baby steps to expand my gear. Obviously, the bare minimum that I need to start taking photos with a DSLR is a body, a lens and an SD card. I guess I should get a bag, too, to protect my initial investment. I haven't decided whether I should use a UV/Protector filter yet.

Then, I'm thinking of buying the telephoto zoom lens that will enable me to capture those long distance shots that I have been missing on my camera phone. But many will say that I should get a fast prime. I feel that the kit lens will overlap with that prime. Sure it will give me sharper image and better low light performance, but I will still be limited at the same focal lengths. No photos of the moon for me :/

Am I choosing right? I wish I could have unlimited budget...

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow