Sony A6000 already outdated by Nikon v3...........

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Aspenz
Contributing MemberPosts: 652Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony A6000 already outdated by Nikon v3...........
In reply to GaryW, 6 months ago

GaryW wrote:

IVN wrote:

....ALL these modes are available with Phase-AF in sufficient light. The camera switches to Contrast-AF in low light.

As does the Nex-6.

The way I understand the A6000 reviews, there are two very huge limitations to the camera's AF:

1. there is no Phase-AF in AF-S

Even on the Nex-6, PDAF is available in AF-S, which you can tell as it doesn't "hunt" like it does with CDAF.

1. there is no selectable single point AF with AF-C (IMO this is a terrible limitation)

The A6000 has a lot more options than the Nex-6. That thing on the video with all of the boxes that are constantly tracking is amazing. You might be right here about the Nex-6 and older Nex cameras, but the A6000 is different; maybe we'll need to see final reviews before drawing too many conclusions.

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

"That thing with boxes" is just a way of showing signs of tracking, the V1 and V2 I've shift focus seamlessly on AF-C, it's just that they don't show the dancing boxes.. admittedly the A6000 is an interesting camera, but I've downloaded some photos on the supposed tracking ability and seen a recent review on SLRclub and sorry but the AF doesn't quite seem as fast as it's touted. This, alongside the fact that I've some very good glass for the 1 cameras (18.5, 32, UWA) makes me pick the slightly (imo) overpriced V3 any day.

Aspenz's gear list:Aspenz's gear list
Nikon 1 V3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow