Sony A6000 already outdated by Nikon v3...........

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Aspenz
Contributing MemberPosts: 652Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony A6000 already outdated by Nikon v3...........
In reply to captura, 6 months ago

captura wrote:

IVN wrote:

captura wrote:

"But they do not claim the AF to be as fast as the A6000."

Sony says the focus takes 0.6 seconds in the A6000. Nikon has said nothing. Do they need to?

It's really meaningless. Unless you are a kiddie-type and you need to know that your Chevy is 1 second faster from 0 to 60 than your friend's Ford.

While I agree with others who say that V3 is waaay overpriced, the AF system on N1 cameras is the best in the MILC world. It is not only about speed, but also about flexibility. What's the point of A6000's fast AF-C, if you can't choose what to focus on? Usually the photog want's to determine exactly where to focus. You can't do that with the A6000, but you can with the V1/2/3, and there are plenty of AF points to choose from.3

You can spot-focus the Sony's then shoot 11 fps continuous with tracking. The V3 will do the same at 20 fps but yes, you can choose any one of the AF points; an alternative method. Or you can do a burst at 60 fps with the V3 but what good is that if the buffer remains small? the biggest difference between the 2 cameras may be the buffer size. The Sony is 20, what is the V3's?

The number of AF points are about the same.

I saee no reason to upgrade beyond my J1.

I think if I'm not wrong the V3 has a 40 buffer size for 20fps onwards and 60 buffer size for 6fps (mechanical shutter).

Aspenz's gear list:Aspenz's gear list
Nikon 1 V3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow