NEX 5N still relevant

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
golfpan
Regular MemberPosts: 258Gear list
Like?
Re: NEX 5N still relevant
In reply to Joachim Wulfers, 6 months ago

I will never stop loving the 5n.  It was my first mirrorless camera, and it's what made me fall in love with Sony mirrorless.  Absolutely groundbreaking camera.  I've moved on to a NEX-6, and I'm about to get an a6000, but the 5n will always have a place in my heart.

For that matter, so will the C3 and the 7.  Never owned them, but did have the good fortune of using them, and they both struck me with their excellent designs.

I'm really looking forward to the a6000, since I think technically it represents a major milestone in mirrorless, but in terms of design, I'd be lying if I said I was impressed by the latest "alpha" E-mount series of a3000, a5000, and even a6000 (I mean external, physical design).

I'm also a bit nervous about where the 5n/5r/5t successor fits into the new numbering scheme.  It would be a shame if they abandoned the super-slim body type.

Yeah, and I'm bitter about the name change too.

Anyway, back to your original point.  The 5n is a great camera.

golfpan's gear list:golfpan's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 30mm F3.5 Macro Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow