Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bdp123
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
X-T1 - Real World Continuous Auto Focus
4 months ago

Good evening, everyone.  I just thought I'd share some unretouched photos I've taken with my X-T1 over the past several days. They are by no means award winners, but hopefully they will give some people a better idea of its CAF capabilities. They were all taken with the 35mm 1.4.  Having shot with a number of high-end Nikon bodies over the past 15 years, it is my opinion that the AF on the X-T1 is up to the tasks normally reserved for DSLRs. In some ways, I am already finding the tracking on the Fuji to be better than my D3 (now in the hands of a new owner).  Is the X-T1 the answer to everyone's shooting needs? No. But I firmly believe choosing what equipment to use is as personal as the subjects we choose to shoot. I am enjoying this camera more each day I shoot with it.  It's just a shame that some people choose to dwell on reviews and spec sheets rather than actually shoot with a piece of equipment and discover its true capabilities.

Focused on the sign while driving approximately 70mph.

1:1 crop of same image

Focused on this cutie's eyes while her grandmother walked her out of the room (fairly dark, too).

Fuji had no problem following this blue jay as it took flight from the lawn.

And one of my son, just because.

Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow