Lightroom 5.3 Presets

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
Peteo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,572Gear list
Like?
Re: Lightroom 5.3 Presets
In reply to walgarch, 6 months ago

walgarch wrote:

I couldn't find any Pentax provided lightroom presets so I just created one. I've got my lightroom preset set to go off on import that does the following:

• +10 to contrast (Since I shoot raw and I find it always needs a boost)
  • +5 to Clarity (Aesthetic choice)
  • +10 to Vibrance (Aesthetic choice)
  • +10 to Saturation (Aesthetic choice)
  • Turn on lens profile correction (Distortion correction/chrom abb/ etc)
  • +7 Colour Noise correction (This one I recommend for anyone. The lightroom default for this is too high and just craps on the detail)
  • +80 Sharpening amount (This seems to work best for me as a default, but might not for others)
  • +85 Sharpening mask (This seems to work best for me as a default, but might not for others)

I find that I do these things all the time so it was best to automate them on import. It works pretty well with other RAW files too.

There are other things you're going to want to do on a per picture basis, but hopefully this is a good starting point for you.

-- hide signature --

Will
=============================
http://www.flickr.com/photos/walgarch

Will,

Thanks for this info and these setting.  I've been using LR for years and never even thought of looking to save a preset.  Your's are very close to what I do to most of mine but I do like your settings better so now I saved it under Pentax K5II.  From there the final tweaks go very quick.

Thanks again,

Scott

Peteo's gear list:Peteo's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-5 II Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow