Sony A6000 already outdated by Nikon v3...........

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
captura
Forum ProPosts: 14,011Gear list
Like?
Re: V3 actually cheaper than a6000...
In reply to Helena777, 6 months ago

Helena777 wrote:

FEJ wrote:

... when paired with a decent set of equivalent lenses. At least this is the set of lenses I would get:

The V3 kit is $300 cheaper and weighs about 3/4 as much.

In particular, the 50mm equiv f/1.8 lens is the lens I would probably use most of the time, and appears considerably easier to pocket.

Of course the E lenses are pricier...¡they are designed for a much bigger sensor! It is like compairing the Zeiss lenses found in advanced P&S, with any lens of DSLR size: ¡wow the Zeiss are cheaper, a full camera with the lens for the price of a single DSLR lens! :facepalm:

But this CAN BE SEEN IN REVERSE! How can Nikon justify their prices being that lenses designed for 1" sensor???

C'mon, this thread seems outed from a kindergarden, and I too for answering all this silly thread.

Just buy what you desire! Everybody is free to pay a jewelry price for a mass market camera with a 1" sensor, with no DMF, with the most awkward menus and options seen in the digital era, with a mediocre kit lens, with a even more mediocre cheap version of the kit lens, with a super zoom that seems designed for APSC in bulk that carry a APSC price tag; with a AF that is promoted as stellar for social photography but when you use the camera the default speed is 1/30!!! But don't come to the Nex forum "a vendernos la moto".

I bought the Nikon 1 J1 for 260€ with the kit lens , and returned it the one day later, it is the worst ILC I have tested...

:relief:

I have a 1J1 with perhaps the 3 most common lenses. A 10-30 kit, an 18.5/1,8 and the 30-110. The 30-110 is about the same as the SEL 55-210 in focal length.

Altogether the N1 camera and lenses, which I purchased last year, cost me about $550. But these were strongly discounted prices, so the retail would have been perhaps double.

The same thing with my NEX-5R ...the total retail price with equivalent lenses might have been similar. Yes this thread is pretty useless.

But too bad you didn't give the 1J1 a chance. It has it's uses, the keeper rate is huge, the colors are amazing, and so is the AF. And it does time-lapse. Yes it's clumsy, lacks controls, and doesn't have the IQ of an APS-C camera. So what? It's a different camera.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow