Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
primeshooter
Senior MemberPosts: 1,937
Like?
Monitor calibration vs "website" files
6 months ago

Just had a thought tonight as I re calibrated my monitor...obviously most displays, even the best come "too bright" some colours off too etc, so we calibrate for print accuracy etc. However, how do you guys deal with having a website which you are uploading the same photos you edited too on that screen...

Giving that many of your clients, possibly most have no calibrated monitors, they'll be seeing prints that are way too bright on their screens. Do most pros simply have a print edit for each file and a "digital" version of the same file for viewing on bright monitors?

For example with my monitor calibrated, it's about 30% too bright compared to the prints; so calibration has obviously reduced brightness of the screen by this amount to give print accuracy. However, if i use these files on a website, to the general public they will look way too bright. How do you guys handle this, I guess, is what I am asking, and what do the pros do regarding this?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow