Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
robertophoto
Forum MemberPosts: 84Gear list
Like?
DP2M compared to DP2 - decision time
4 months ago

A few months ago, I bought a used DP2 and have been very pleased with my results- photos shared on screen with Flickr, and also prints on 8.5 x 11" paper with print area about 6 x 9. I mean very pleased!

A few weeks ago, I bought a used DP2M and am now considering going back to the DP2.  It seems to me, and here is my question, that the main advantage of the Merrill version is the larger pixel size, with the opportunity for cropping.  The handling is somewhat improved, but I really learned to handle the DP2 without any problems.

On the other hand, the Merrill is larger and heavier, slower to write its files, and has a slightly less wide-angle lens.  I admit, I haven't taken the kind of pictures yet that owuld allow me to see if its general image quality is noticeably better.

Given my uses, do you think I should just stick with the Merrill and sell my DP2?  Or sell the Merrill and stay happy with my DP2?? And advice very welcome!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sigma DP2 Sigma DP2 Merrill
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow