ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TRP
TRP
Contributing MemberPosts: 618
Like?
Dream Lens Lineup - what is yours???
8 months ago

Giving us all a chance to dream. Just for fun, what is your dream lens lineup of current and past lenses to cover your range and why.:

Sigma 8-16 f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM
An excellent wide angle lens I currently own would be hard pressed to ever surrender. Great IQ and VERY wide at 8mm.

Pentax SMCP-DA 40 f/2.8 ED Limited Edition
When I want to pack as small as possible, my lens of choice. Excellent IQ, extremely compact, and the 40mm I find to be a very versatile range in tight spaces as well as outdoors.

Pentax D-FA 100 f/2.8 Macro WR
Not the range of the sigma 180mm macro but a great macro that is WR! Can be used as a short range Tele in bad weather in a pinch.

Tamron AF 70-200mm f/2.8 Di LD IF Macro
When speed is priority, my choice and great "bang for the buck". Very sharp lens but a little heavy for some situations. In addition to speed, a prime interest is the ability to really reduce the DOF over this range.

Pentax DA* 60-250 f4
Versatile mid range Tele with excellent IQ and WR. When not a necessity to be ultra compact, my walk around lens of choice now. Allows me to shoot both scenery and people/wildlife. In my eyes a Jack of all trades, could be wider for landscapes or longer for wildlife, but you can't argue the quality this lens can put out.

Sigma 100-300 f4
Lacking the WR and short end of the 60-250, but if I knew the weather would hold and my primary objective was wildlife and not landscapes on that day, this would be in my bag over the 60-250.

Sigma 400mm f5.6 telemacro
Number one on my list of wants. A very sharp prime for wildlife excursions where the 60-250 won't cut it. And it doesn't break the bank....if you can find one.

Pentax 1.4x WR Teleconverter.
Utilized with the 60-250 or 400, turns either into a very nice range for wildlife.

My dreams may take me longer than 400mm one day but right now i dont know enough about those lenses to even speculate. I do known it would be one of the Pentax offerings or a third party prime though, not a supertele zoom.

Note: I do not own the 70-200, 100-300, 400, or TC and am basing my dream purely on the recommendations of others.

-- hide signature --

https://www.facebook.com/GreinerStudio
---
Pentax K5
Sigma 8-16 f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM
Pentax SMCP-DA 40 f/2.8 ED Limited Edition
Pentax D-FA 100 f/2.8 Macro WR
Sigma 170-500 5-6.3 Apo Asph F/px-af

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow