Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ianbrown
Senior MemberPosts: 1,903
Like?
XT1 as your second camera?
6 months ago

This camera is getting all the awards and excellent reviews and they certainly look justifiable. However there are many people also using the XT1 as a second camera.

I guess it depends what type of photography you take, but apart from say sport or wildlife where AF and fast 300mm lenses are order of the day, when would anyone not take the XT1 and use an alternative camera?

The choice of a number of cameras has always been appealing to me as. I understand that you can use a cordless drill for some stuff but the mains hammer drill is sometimes the best option, so in cameras if you had say a Nikon D800 and  XT1 and were going to say Venice, which would you take?

For me it would always be the one "I thought" would give me the better IQ so the XT1 may well stay at home?

Interesting to hear what others with multiple camera set ups do?

Can the XT1 now be considered good enough to sell all your FF stuff, or do you still need the back up of FF.

Ian

Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow