Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ianbrown
Senior MemberPosts: 1,904
Like?
Can XT1 take on FF camera's?
6 months ago

Having played with and owned many cameras I have always been seduced by the FF factor, sometimes justifiably so and sometimes because of marketing hype!

Now that mirrorless is taking AF, speed of operation and EVF's to the next level the differences now become much closer, but just how close?

I guess it depends what type  of photography you do and if you are a pro etc etc.

But if you are an advanced  ameture what would the Sony A7 or Nikon D610 give you above the XT1?

My concern is that the FF will give at least 1/2 stops better ISO performance, but also a better quality selection of zoom lenses?

For example the XT1 only has the 18-55 zoom, which for a kit lens it's very good but can it really take on the FF zooms, like the Sony FE or Canon's etc?

I am NOT a prime shooter and like to frame the shot in camera etc, and I know you can use your feet etc but if you want to compress a shot etc then I like zooms. I know they are not for everyone, but I just can't get used to them.

So I guess I am really asking if  the XT1 and 18-55 can approach the FF with zoom's.

I have had the Sony A7r and 24-70 for a few days and the images were "good" rather than great and given its close on £3000 for a body and single lens I am not sure it's twice as good as the XT1

Ian

Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D610 Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow