Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
0MitchAG
Regular MemberPosts: 220Gear list
Like?
Re: DoF preview with Panasonic
In reply to Allan Brown, 6 months ago

Allan Brown wrote:

0MitchAG wrote:

On the Panasonic bodies it is incredibly frustrating trying to compose with the macro lens at close distances because the Live View depth of field is fixed at F2.8, meaning razor thin DoF at the required working distance. I really hope Panasonic can find the goodwill in their hearts to allow the preview to be actually representative, and I won't have so much frustration trying to use their products! It is much worse when there is a breeze and the subject is constantly moving in and out of the tiny focus plane... I literally just set my aperture, roughly compose and then randomly fire the shutter hoping I will get everything I want in focus, and sharp. Honestly, this is no way to work, but without changing to the rather poorly implemented shutter preview, it's is the only way.

I guess there's no reason this can't be done... thinking of manual aperture rings...

DOF preview works perfectly well on my G5.

Have you thought about reading the manual?

Allan

But that's the problem, it is not constant and for no good reason. As soon as you press anything else, it goes back to the standard live view. Who would want to assign an FN button to this, when it should be the standard? I don't see why having the lens at its widest is useful in any situation. Seems like the only model without this 'constant' feature.

0MitchAG's gear list:0MitchAG's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow