Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Alex Yantifovich
Regular MemberPosts: 437
Like?
D7000 Concert shoot: Need advice
9 months ago

Hello. I have a once in a life time opportunity to shoot a rock'n'roll show. The venue is for a heavy metal show starring The Dillinger Escape Plan. Feel free to check out their videos of live performances to get an idea for what type of show and lighting they have. It's a very fast type show with lot's of strobes and a very physical act. I happen to get my hands on a press pass for the up coming show in Minneapolis.

I have a D7000 set to focus with AF-ON. I will not be bringing a tripod. See my gear list down bellow to make a suggestion on what type of glass you think would work best. I want to keep it to maximum 2 lenses with me. One on camera, one in the bag.

My question is about which camera settings would work best with low light and hand held shooting. Specifically, I want to know WB, Focus mode and settings, AutoISO etc.. I will not be allowed to use flash. Any help/ pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Alex

-- hide signature --

Nikon D7000
Nikon 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX
Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G AF-S VR
Nikon 50mm f/1.8 AF
Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di Macro
Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM
Nikon SB-600
Manfrotto 190XDB / 486RC2 Ballhead

Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow