Sony A6000 already outdated by Nikon v3...........

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
captura
Forum ProPosts: 13,996Gear list
Like?
Re: a6000 or V3?
In reply to IVN, 6 months ago

IVN wrote:

GaryW wrote:

IVN wrote:

Rehabdoc wrote:

Sure the V3 focuses fast. With that tiny sensor the DOF is so deep that almost everything from 10 ft to infinity can be in focus at the same time.

With the 32mm f1.2 it has shallower DOF than A6000 with 50/1.8 OSS. Your point?

They are pretty close.

But to hit an aggressive f1.2, the lens seems to be $900, compared to the 50/1.8 at $300. That's a huge price difference.

Then there are the times when we don't want to be stuck with a longish prime but a more normal view....

The N1 AF is simply good, so stop making up stuff.

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

You didn't answer my question. The price of the 32mm f1.2 is high, I agree, but that has nothing to do with N1's excellent AF. Huge DOF is not the reason N1 cameras have blazing fast and accurate focus, the 32mm also focuses extremely fast.

Saying that N1 cameras focus fast because of large DOF is simply wrong, and that was the point of my argument.

No but it certainly helps. Just as the smaller quarter-censored M43 cameras have always had fast AF, despite being CDAF-only.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow