Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Erik Ohlson
Forum ProPosts: 13,277
Like?
A question about the UK - and Sweden.
6 months ago

One of the main reasons I decided to buy a ZS40 (TZ60) -my most expensive digital camera to date, is to get used to it before I visit Sweden in late June and the UK in early July.

The questionpart is; I'm looking for out-of-the way "secret" places to visit, hopefully off the standard tourist route

For example, a number of years ago, my sister & my Mum were there and Stonehenge was a mob scene, but they stumbled on a small Henge on a moor, where they spoke briefly to a "Tweedy" gentleman who when they looked after him moments later - wasn't there. No one was there, just a few sheep. That sort of place.

I don't really "Do" cities (I've driven all the way accross Australia and back twice, but never actually been IN Perth, preferring the countrysides).

I'm NOT looking (as one sees on the "Travel & Landscape" forum) for instructions as to just where to point the camera (I'll figure that out) but places that only the locals really know.

One other thing I'm NOT doing is fishing for invitations. Although I have nothing against meeting forum people as I have happily done on trips to Argentina & Australia, I'll be travelling with a wife, a daughter, a son-in-law and a two-and-1/2 year old, energetic, boy. You just don't need that, so don't worry I won't inflict us on anyone or feel insulted if you say: "There's this place you should see but it's a hundered miles from where I live."

I was last in the UK - leaving on the SS. Suecia from Hull, for Sweden, in 1945 or '6 but I have been back to Sweden several times since we returned to the US in 1947. I'd love to hear of out of the way places there, too, or even Norway, although we only have about a month. We'll be staying for some days in Rättvik and Stockholm, as planned so far.

We'll be flying into Edinburgh. The daughter studied at the University of York and we will be leaving from London (we lived on "Bark Place", not far from "The Round Pond" back right after the war).

-- hide signature --

"Measure wealth not by things you have but by things for which you would not take money"
www.flickr.com/ohlsonmh/ ohlsonmh@yahoo.com

Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow