1DX Recall and Lubrication Problems. Latest developments/resolved?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
plevyadophy
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,250Gear list
Like?
1DX Recall and Lubrication Problems. Latest developments/resolved?
5 months ago

Does anyone know if Canon have found a fix. A fix I guess, would have to be a complete redesign of the faulty components.

Has that happened?

The reason I ask is that the product recall talked of cameras with the sixth digit of the serial number being any number up to 7 needing inspection and repair.

There have been reports posted by users having problems with their cameras even though their camera body's serial number's sixth digit is 8 or 9, serial numbers that, according to the offical Canon announcement should not be affected.

Many are aguing that the Canon fix of simply applying extra lubrication is not good enough and what is really needed is a complete redesign of the faulty components (changing the plastic component for something more robust).

In December I came across official refurbished Canon 1DX cameras for sale. So I am wondering whether these have simply had extra lube poured in them or whether they benefit from a completely new design of the troublesome components? Does anyone know? What's the latest on this issue?

Thanks in advance

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow