Steve Huff reviews X-T1, loves it (mostly)

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
DRabbit
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,577Gear list
Like?
Re: Disinterested and "Artists"
In reply to Jim Radcliffe, 6 months ago

Jim Radcliffe wrote:

I think Pentax has a circuit/component issue.. this is the same mirror issue that occurred with the K-5.. well documented and Pentax was/is certainly aware of it. Glad I don't have to deal with that on the K5 IIs. I've been quite happy with that camera. Not a single problem with it.

I'm with ya. The K5-II I have from Pentax on loaner hasn't had a single problem in over 100,000 shutter actuations... that's why I decided just to give up on the K3 for now, and go for the K5-IIs instead.

The Fuji X cameras are simply outstanding in so many ways... and the lenses are probably the best buy for the money I have encountered with ANY camera. My 56 f/1.2 arrives in the next few days and I am really looking forward to using that lens.

Looks like an amazing one... I'll be waiting anxiously to see your photos with it. As you know, I'm a manual focus gal mostly, so I'll hold off on that one for now, but I'm trying to get my hands on a 27mm pancake for light travel. I love the Fuji lenses I have, they are great bang for the buck.

Truth be known.. the lowly 18-55mm is probably the most versatile of the bunch. I use it more than any of the lenses I own. Wish they would produce a constant f/2 version... say 14-50mm, weather-sealed... for many it would be the only lens they would need.

I'm actually getting rid of the brand new one that came with the XT1... I just know I won't use it. If it were weather-sealed, I'd keep it for that, but it's silly to me they included a non-weather-sealed lens with a weather-sealed body. I should have just gotten the body-only kit.

The X-T1 is very good but I have a lot of love for the X-E2 as well. My X-Pro 1 has not seen the light of day in months.

I loved my XE1, but sold it (and my x100) to fund the XT1 purchase

Amy

-- hide signature --

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
on Google+... on Twitter... on Facebook
My PAD Project and My Gallery

DRabbit's gear list:DRabbit's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Leica M8 Pentax K-5 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Fujifilm X-E1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow