Sony A6000 already outdated by Nikon v3...........

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
captura
Forum ProPosts: 14,673Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony A6000 already outdated by Nikon v3...........
In reply to GaryW, 7 months ago

GaryW wrote:

ryan92084 wrote:

While I agree with others who say that V3 is waaay overpriced,

The problem here is that price matters.

the AF system on N1 cameras is the best in the MILC world. It is not only about speed, but also about flexibility. What's the point of A6000's fast AF-C, if you can't choose what to focus on? Usually the photog want's to determine exactly where to focus. You can't do that with the A6000, but you can with the V1/2/3, and there are plenty of AF points to choose from.

Now I've seen (you?) say this before I'm curious why. I freely admit to not being fully aware of the Nikon v1,2,3 but what focusing selection do you want that you can't get on the a6000? I've seen eye, face, selective spot (three sizes),

Are these available in AF-C? I think he was trying to suggest that you couldn't use these features and get fast response, but I think that's probably untrue in general. It may be true that these aren't available in AF-C specifically, but presumably AF-S will also be fast-focusing (and is the more typical setting).

AF-a, and the lock on where the shape adjusts. The only other option I'm aware of that a6000 doesn't have would be touch screen which may or may not be a limitation to some users.

There's also an Object Tracking mode in the Nex-6 -- did that carry over to the A6000? I agree, the A6000 is probably not as limited as IVN is suggesting.

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

Maybe if somebody could give IVN a NEX-6 or an A6000 like they did to Manny, then he might change his mind.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow