Brian Wadie
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,297Gear list
Like?
Re: A few BOPIF shots
In reply to stefano888, 4 months ago

stefano888 wrote:

What an outstanding set of pics!!!

I love all of them.

I see you have also the E-M5. Do you think there is a clear difference between the two cameras in focusing a moving object?

-- hide signature --

(equipment in profile)
stefano-italy

Thanks Stefano, during this session I was using both the EM-5 with the oly 40-15 and the EM-5 with the 75-300 and I'm not sure there is a great difference in the focusing speed when using SAF (from the Olympus literature there shouldn't be)

Where there is a difference in my experience is in more subtle things that make a big difference to my keeper rate:

- the viewfinder is a lot clearer so I find it easier to lock on to and track the subject

- the higher frame rate when sequential shooting means I can get more shots in focus when shooting a short burst

- before the latest firmware for the EM-5 the smaller focus point was important and helped but the EM-5 now has that and it did make a difference to my experience with the EM-5 (it was the first time I had used it for BIF since upgrading)

- despite what I said above, I get the impression that the EM-1 locks onto the subject quicker and holds it more firmly, but this is probably a subjective feeling rather than hard fact

- there are subtle but better ergonomics with the EM-1 which I find make it easier to use for this purpose

Subjective thoughts but I hope of some interest

-- hide signature --

So much to learn, so little time left to do it!

Brian Wadie's gear list:Brian Wadie's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow