Sony A6000 already outdated by Nikon v3...........

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
captura
Forum ProPosts: 15,736Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony A6000 already outdated by Nikon v3...........
In reply to Greynerd, 9 months ago

Greynerd wrote:

I am talking about the little short zoom Sony RX100. It was heavily promoted across all the forums which was a pity as it stands on its own merits and never had less than an excellent review. Probably too much plugging is counter productive as it gets everybody defensive and jaded.

As for super zoom mentality I think they are great little machines especially for bird spotting. I would never have known that dot in the distance was my only sighting of the rare turtle dove without a 26X bridge even if the IQ was not exactly stellar There is no reason why any aspect of photography should be mutually exclusive. I think the quality and range of equipment you can get nowadays is awesome and I would not want to lose any of it from the humble compact to the mightiest lump of top equipment. Even the V3 has its place but would not replace my Nex 6, only supplement it.

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

It is odd that we were told that the 1" RX100 replaced the need for any other camera as it was was very widely 'introduced' on every forum. Funny old world isn't it?

bigley Ling wrote:

The Nikon v series has such a tiny sensor! It is far easier to have fast AF and possibly fps on a smaller sensor design. The DOF from the V series is so wide than most of the time the AF would be more like hyperfocusing...

I wasn't told. Even if I were, I would tell this people that is not true. The sensor size has its limitations but then we are talking about a camera designed for the pockets, not go wildlife shooting with.

The super zoom mentality is now shifting from P&S to ILCs. Fortunately, my priorities remain on the other side.

Lots of birders use Nikon 1 cameras with an FT-1 adapter and Nikon FF prime tele.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow