Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
WW Webster
Regular MemberPosts: 128Gear list
Like?
E-M1 stuck on manual focus!
6 months ago

I don't know how this was set (I didn't do it consciously), but I can't unset it.  I think I've tried everything and I'm wondering if my camera has a fault.

Specifically, as according to the manual on page 73, I have ensured the lever is set to position 1 and I have pressed the AF button.  This has displayed the focus mode along the bottom of the monitor.  However, turning the rear dial does not change the AF mode setting from MF - it just stays there.  Turning the front dial does change the metering option along the top of the monitor however.

Might I have another setting that is preventing the focus mode from changing, or am I doing something else wrong?  I have the camera is set in aperture priority.

I'm at my wit's end.  All suggestions are very welcome, but please be gentle with me - I'm an Olympus newbie!

-- hide signature --
 WW Webster's gear list:WW Webster's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
ANSWER:
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow