Letter to Fuji about the X100s

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
historianx
Contributing MemberPosts: 862
Like?
Re: Letter to Fuji about the X100s
In reply to 409novaman, 5 months ago

There are numerous little quirks and frustrating bits with mine but I still stand by my statement of may be the best camera Ive ever used.  Easily wipes out all my film-era cameras with being able to produce such high quality at iso 3200-6400.  Try TMax 1600 pushed 2 stops and see where that'd get you Easily trumps all others (too numerous to list) in stealth of operation, silent as an arrow. Light as a feather.  AND flash sync to DIE for; armed with Einstein, I will overpower the sun!

IOW, best digital P&S cam with a leaf shutter under $1,500.  Unless you want to count the X100

Yeah they are features that are weird and quirky, but for me these features are mostly in playback mode--and you learn to deal with them. Met two Fuji reps at dealer day today, voiced praise and criticism (we need a flash system), and knowing this company anything can be considered.  As long as you are specific.

And learn your camera.  It's not easy, especially if it's your first Fuji (I have an X-E1 so it was easier) and you're unsure of 35mm (equiv.) limitation.  If after a month you don't like it, and if you can, return/exchange it.   But weigh the advantages first.  Clearly, at least for me, they well outweigh the small niggling things and minor physical annoyances that can be fixed or added through firmware updates.

No camera is perfect.  Either you live with it, or without it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow