Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Deegee
Regular MemberPosts: 322Gear list
Like?
D4S - installing ACR RC 8.4
5 months ago

Briefly, I should know better but this is where I am - not in a good place and would appreciate any advice from people who really know!

I am shooting a major event tomorrow which  is a boat race that looks like it will involve sun and  high dynamic range - I need to as always shoot RAW.  I must meet upload deadlines tomorrow.  I have a D800 that will do the job but I have just chopped my two D4s for two D4Ss.  They arrived on Wednesday but I have only just unpacked them and dumbo that I am, forgot to check that Lightroom will support them, which I now of course discover it will not.

Before upgrading the bodies I found Adobe ACR RC 8.4 & DNG converter which does support the D4S and I thought this might save my life.  However, upon installation it reports "this patch is not applicable for you". I am fully subscribed to everything in Adobe CC so cannot understand this.

I just wonder if anyone else has found themselves in this situation and had time to discover the workaround?  If push comes to shove, I actually do still have a D4 so could shoot with just the D4 and D800 but I would rather like to try-out the D4Ss.

If anyone has specific information it would be useful and appreciated. Knowing this forum of old, if you do not know what you are talking about, with respect, please to not respond.

I do have a copy of Nikon Capture installed but rarely use it.  I am just trying an update of this to see if it delivers a workaround, though I know it will not be satisfactory for processing a high volume of images.  Yes, there was a disk included in the D4S boxes but it is in my office not here at home!

As stated, I am a dumbo!

-- hide signature --

Regards
Deegee FRPS
www.duncangrove.com
www.duncangroveblog.com
Q:- What's the difference between artists and photographers?
A:- Two artists can have a conversation without discussing their paintbrushes!

Deegee's gear list:Deegee's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D800E Nikon D4s Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
Nikon D4 Nikon D4s Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow