Steve Huff reviews X-T1, loves it (mostly)

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Jim Radcliffe
Forum ProPosts: 11,417Gear list
Like?
Re: Disinterested and "Artists"
In reply to DRabbit, 9 months ago

DRabbit wrote:

BTW.. sorry about your K3 issues. I think I told you that I had my K3 for less than 24 hours before deciding to return it... just not enough of an improvement over the K5 IIs. In my case the more megapixels did not equate to anything but more noise at higher ISO use.

Funny, I was actually thinking about you, and was going to send you a Facebook message about the whole K3 thing, because I remember you having returned it. I'll be bringing mine back on, probably Monday, and exchanging it for two K5-IIs bodies (since the price is so much lower now). I hope the K5-IIs performs without problem like the K5-II has. We shall see.

It's a shame because I enjoyed the K3 in every other way. I still hope Pentax will find the cause and fix the crazy mirror flap problem. Time will tell.

Amy

I think Pentax has a circuit/component issue.. this is the same mirror issue that occurred with the K-5.. well documented and Pentax was/is certainly aware of it.  Glad I don't have to deal with that on the K5 IIs.  I've been quite happy with that camera.  Not a single problem with it.

The Fuji X cameras are simply outstanding in so many ways... and the lenses are probably the best buy for the money I have encountered with ANY camera.  My 56 f/1.2 arrives in the next few days and I am really looking forward to using that lens.

Truth be known.. the lowly 18-55mm is probably the most versatile of the bunch.  I use it more than any of the lenses I own.  Wish they would produce a constant f/2 version... say 14-50mm, weather-sealed... for many it would be the only lens they would need.

The X-T1 is very good but I have a lot of love for the X-E2 as well.  My X-Pro 1 has not seen the light of day in months.

-- hide signature --

Jim Radcliffe
http://www.boxedlight.com
The ability to 'see' the shot is more important than the gear used to capture it.

Jim Radcliffe's gear list:Jim Radcliffe's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-E2 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow