Trying to decide on E-PM2 or NEX 3N - help!

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JosephmWood
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
Trying to decide on E-PM2 or NEX 3N - help!
4 months ago

I am going to get a smaller system to tote around where I'll only need a few lenses and that's it.

I mainly shoot people, mostly indoors. I do some video, but not a lot. I've had an NEX 5R in the past and loved it but don't have the money for that again.

I've never looked at Olympus but have read they are extremely good in M43s. I love prime lenses around 30mm to 50mm and Sigma makes a 30 2.8 for both of them for a good price.

So I'm stuck. Olympus has way more lenses and the E-PM2 has a hotshot for more accessories. The NEX 3N looks much better design wise and has better video (I love 24fps).

They seem to be nearly identical cameras as far as the reviews say (NEX has a bigger sensor, I know) and they both have some killer deals right now: NEX 3N $299 with 16-50pz and $399 for E-PM2 with two lenses!

I know there have been several threads about this, but were mostly bias (asked in the Sony NEX forum...) but need some good advice. I have about a week until PayPal gives me my money. Thanks!

Olympus PEN E-PM2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow