Once And For All - All this "Nuts" about Focusing Speed

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Combatmedic870
Contributing MemberPosts: 964Gear list
Like?
Re: RIDICULOUS
In reply to Midwest, 9 months ago

Combatmedic870 wrote:.

.....Well I do agree that the XT-1 should/will be quite adequate(the continous focusing is supposed to be better vs the A6000). I was specifically referring to the XE-1. Its a GREAT camera. I do get results with it. But...its focusing is slower then most(XE-2?). For shooting anything besides my dog. I get a pretty high hit rate.

I am almost positive, that the Xpro 2 and the XE-3 are going to have REALLY REALLY great focusing systems(A6000 but better) that will perhaphs BEAT entry level DSLR's. Were almost there. Mirrorless is going to get its days in the sun very very soon.

Bear in mind that even an entry level DSLR has darned quick AF because it is phase detect. Where more expensive models improve over entry level it is mostly with more AF points, more modes, and more sophisticated tracking, not so much with basic speed. They might well be an iota quicker to AF but entry level is not slow to start with in any kind of decent light.

Well my only entry level cameras were an Sony A100 and an A300. So I was going off of that. They weren't the quickest...My 5D also wasn't the greatest. My 7D would focus on anything in an instant and track like a beast.
--
Ryan,

Combatmedic870's gear list:Combatmedic870's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes,New
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow