Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ken G.
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,338Gear list
Like?
WINNERS *** Mini Challenge #419 - 'Colors of Spring' *** WINNERS
6 months ago

It has been a pleasure seeing so many great images of Spring - there were 34 entered. A great lead-in to a favorite season. (Since I have such a poor history of getting images to show up correctly, I copied your entries to a temporary Pbase gallery in the hope of being able to have them all show in this thread. I'll leave it up for a time, and will then delete them.)

Honorable Mention's in no set order...

ColleenT's Flower Baskets - An air of Spring, with hints of new buds on the trees and the presence of outdoor seating.

Gloaming's Rhododendron's and a Bee - always a sure sign Winter's over.

Stephenbw's Pots of Gold - Great, bright colors!

papillon_65's Bluebell Wood - wonderfully captured scene of new life in the woods

Sueanne's Bunches of Crocuses - a favorite flower, nicely composed - with last year's leaves and new green growth both in the mix.

In 3rd Place:

threed123 (Bob's) Robin - Clearly Springtime, with no leaves on the bare branches, looking ready to sing

2nd Place:

Also to threed123 (Bob) - Colorful flowers. A very nice composition with a variety of flowers, colors and nice mix of plant and stone.

And 1st Place:

papillon_65's Daffodils - Great blending of greens and yellows, with the arcing of the Daffodil's mimic'ed in the shadows on the sloping lawn.

Thanks again to all who entered - it was nice to see so many colorful images!

papillon_65, I look forward to your choice for the next Challenge!

-- hide signature --

Camera gear in profile.
Ken G.
http://www.pbase.com/kgilbertsen/

Ken G.'s gear list:Ken G.'s gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Nikon D300
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow