ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
emsig
Contributing MemberPosts: 672
Like?
ISO 25600 but not intentionally!
4 months ago

Hi there.

Errors happen as we all know. Yesterday evening I went to the nearby pond to lookout for toads and frogs celebrating marriage. Well, there were some so I mounted the FD 50mm Macro with TC 1.4. lit up my LED lamp, thought about changing ISO to AUTO (preset from 200 to 2000) and started shooting.

At home I stared at the results und wondered why they could be so noisy. Well, let's have a look:

Original RAW

Original RAW

A bit frustrated I took a look at the settings and there it goes: ISO 25600

As I turned the wheel when setting ISO I must have been unfortuned enough to turn it 1 place too much so that I got the highest setting possible. I never had intended to use or even test such high settings (never been over 4800 bevor).

Now I was surpriced, nicely, because now that I knew the origin for that noise I found that some pictures were still acceptable. So let's apply some noisereduction in Lightroom and do some prcessing in Photoshop and let's see what we get:

Noisereduction in LR and processed in PS

Noisereduction in LR and processed in PS

What is your opinion?

Oh, done with E-M1

Cheers

Emilio

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow