Steve Huff reviews X-T1, loves it (mostly)

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
DRabbit
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,600Gear list
Like?
Re: Disinterested and "Artists"
In reply to burnymeister, 7 months ago

Just a disclaimer... I'm friends with Steve Huff, so I'm probably not objective.

However, even if you don't like what he has to say, he does have other contributors to his site. I've written some reviews for him (including on the XE1)... and my opinions (along with Steve's) are just as objective as anyone else's. These aren't scientific reviews; Most blogger reviews aren't.

And I wouldn't compare myself to other "artists", but I'm not just a "blogger" and neither are many of the photographers that contribute to Steve's site. I may not be as well known as the names you tossed around, but my work has been featured in the Museum of the City of New York, the International Center of Photography and in other venues including national television... and I shoot professionally now also. BTW, one of my featured photos for the MCNY was a Fuji XE1 shot.

I'll be writing up a review of the XT1 for Steve's site likely in the next two weeks... but expect it to be "real world" because that's just how I roll. I'm not interested in charts and rulers and testing out different raw converters. I'm interested in using the camera the way I intend to daily, and commenting on my experiences in that regard. There will be things I like and dislike, some of it may seem glowing, but it will be honest from my own perspective... which is all you can expect from any unscientific review.

Amy

-- hide signature --

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
on Google+... on Twitter... on Facebook
My PAD Project and My Gallery

DRabbit's gear list:DRabbit's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Leica M8 Pentax K-5 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Fujifilm X-E1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow