Sony A6000 already outdated by Nikon v3...........

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
GaryW
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,258Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony hasn't come close for years
In reply to DT200, 9 months ago

DT200 wrote:

The A6000 is a camera that won't be out for another month and still can't match a Nikon from 2 years ago. 20 frames per second ensures they will get the exact moment captured, but we here try to fool everyone by saying we'll never need it. Just like we don't want 120fps video. We'll never need a small auto-focus lens over 210mm! We'll never need auto focus that is reliable in low light. We don't want tri-nav controls anymore.

Some of us didn't want to pay extra for the tri-nav controls the first time.  They sound interesting.  They are so great that no other camera has this control.  

I thought 10FPS was overkill.  I rarely use speed-burst mode anyway, so it's hard for me to get excited about 20FPS.

AF is plenty reliable (if SLOWER) in low-light.

And we no longer want APS-C lenses because they are too small, bring on the big full frame lenses only and charge $700! What we really don't want are all the lenses that Fuji has!

I couldn't afford all of the lenses that Fuji has!

It's not a matter of "fooling", it's a matter of practicality.  It's great that niche cameras exist for those who want specific features, but I need a more well-rounded camera that is more reasonably priced as well.

My one agreement with you is that I'm not buying into FE.

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

GaryW's gear list:GaryW's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow