Are ALL manual focus primes soft on XTrans cameras?

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
Tom Schum
Senior MemberPosts: 3,592Gear list
Like?
Re: 23mm is ok
In reply to mistermejia, 8 months ago

mistermejia wrote:

nick_webster wrote:

I've got more than I care to count for m43s, NEX and now Fuji. I have about 4 for each system

but i guess is folks are saying that all of lenses behave like that, then there is no point in getting a manual focus then, makes no sense, so i will have to go with the fuji 35 1.4, although i don't even like that focal range. I would definitely prefer the 23mm.

I don't think the 23mm has to make any concessions to the 35, but I don't own the 35.  I just got my 23mm F1.4.  I haven't used it much yet (waiting for spring foliage) but everything I've done with it (test shots and so on) has been excellent.

This image was done with a manual focus lens on an adapter on my X-E1.  I used the 10x focus magnification with the X-E1, and was very careful with the exposure.  1/420th second might be able to counter effects of shutter shake, which can easily soften images.  Front selector was set to M for manual focus.

Have you tried careful manual focus, fast shutter speeds, and a tripod all at the same time?

-- hide signature --

Tom Schum

Tom Schum's gear list:Tom Schum's gear list
Sigma DP2 Sigma DP3 Merrill Fujifilm X-E1 Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow