Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
0MitchAG
Regular MemberPosts: 241Gear list
Like?
DoF preview with Panasonic
7 months ago

On the Panasonic bodies it is incredibly frustrating trying to compose with the macro lens at close distances because the Live View depth of field is fixed at F2.8, meaning razor thin DoF at the required working distance. I really hope Panasonic can find the goodwill in their hearts to allow the preview to be actually representative, and I won't have so much frustration trying to use their products! It is much worse when there is a breeze and the subject is constantly moving in and out of the tiny focus plane... I literally just set my aperture, roughly compose and then randomly fire the shutter hoping I will get everything I want in focus, and sharp. Honestly, this is no way to work, but without changing to the rather poorly implemented shutter preview, it's is the only way.

I guess there's no reason this can't be done... thinking of manual aperture rings...

0MitchAG's gear list:0MitchAG's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow