ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marian82
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Beginners question - D3300
8 months ago

Hi!

I am a beginner (coming from superzoom Panasonic fz28) and just bought a D3300 plus 18-55 VRii kitlens. I doubted a lot about DSLR vs mirrorless, never used a DSLR. This one is to try, I can return it in 14 days if I'm not happy.

Now.. I tried D3300 only a little bit, but I was unpleasantly surprised by how slow the camera is in live view modus. I tried to shoot photos of my rather active and explorative 3 yr old toddler. When I take 1 photo it can take forever to focus and then forever until it's ready processing. My son is doing something completely different when the camera is ready. Obviously, when photographing a stand-still-subject I don't mind, but I find it a problem when I try to get and keep a good focus and maybe get a second try when photographing my running-around-child.

Of course I'm totally new to this...so maybe it's a stupid question, or maybe there is something I do terribly wrong? Or is this just how this type of camera works? How do you "cope" (except for using the viewfinder)?

For the rest I'm happy...but this makes me feel like running back to the shop to trade it for a fast and easy point and shoot So if there's any solution, I'd be happy.

Thanks!

Nikon D3300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow