Exchange or Return Light Leak Affected XT-1 ?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jomarie
Regular MemberPosts: 480Gear list
Like?
Exchange or Return Light Leak Affected XT-1 ?
5 months ago

My XT-1 has the light leak (tested it) and serial # falls within the affected range.  I still have 30 days to return the camera to Crutchfield (they have a 60 day return policy).  All else is fine and I love it, it works great and the light leak wouldn't really impact me for how I use the XT-1.  However, I am worried about down the road and if I want to sell it to upgrade and the resale value.  If I don't exchange it - I will definitely still have it repaired but if I can return it for a camera that isn't affected, should I?  Once repaired would it still lose some value?  I know to me if I was purchasing it used and all else was good and the leak was repaired, I wouldn't care but I'm afraid some might.  I am leaning to just having it repaired since I will be keeping it for a long while but hope I don't regret it someday.

Should I just return it?

jomarie's gear list:jomarie's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow