Advice for portrait lenses

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
sapralot
New MemberPosts: 23Gear list
Like?
Re: My Experience
In reply to raymondg, 6 months ago

raymondg wrote:
Finally, the Zeiss 135 f2.0 APO Sonar. I absolutely love this lens. It is a dream to use. Very smooth manual focus and extraordinarily sharp. It also renders beautifully. BUT… I use this lens a lot for baby/infant photos and the number of keepers is low. This is due to the fact that while the focus is smooth and precise when you are working with large apertures you need to be spot on with the focus and kids have a habit of never staying still. If you are using it for general portraiture, no problems. If you use it on kids it will provide outstanding results if you have the time and patience or the gift of prescience. Personally, I find it worth the perseverance.

Raymond,

Someone told me that the Zeiss 135 f/2.0 requires Live View when shooting wide open, for the simple reason that the lens is incredibly sharp and therefore doesn't forgive any imprecision. Would you confirm that opinion?

I'm shooting kids quite often (see my profile), hence that sensivity would present me with a real problem. Not least because the OK button of the D610 cannot be customized for 100% zoom.

Anyway, many thanks for your help!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow